Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Iron Man in Iowa



So we've now been here in Ames for a week and 3 days. This of course isn't our ending destination so it's tricky (for me at least), there isn't any point in me going out and 'exploring' the city, cause this isn't where we'll be living. So I'm happy I've brought along my pictures from the last 5 years that need to be written on and put into albums. That's what I work on most days. I feel like I sound like I live in a nursing home.

We have been staying with Mark and Leatha Arant (this is the couple that we'll be doing the church plant with, Mark is Jeff's "childhood friend".) and their 5 kids-Ava 8, Cameron, 7, Beck almost 5, Makai 2.5, and Jett will be 1 in July. Yep 5 Kids!! How fun! There isn't a dull moment! I've taken kids running in the jogger (that a stroller with big wheels for those of you that don't know) for a great workout, and I've even taken the mini-van for a spin to Target! My life is different these days that's for sure!

The first 6 days we were here it was raining and dreary so that was sort of depressing by day 4.5 I was wondering WHAT DID WE DO?!?! BUT then the SUN came out and it was oh-so-glorious! Kids, adults, lawn mowers were all outside, the whole city of Ames was rejoicing!!! Singing instead of talking, it was like a big musical. Ok, maybe that isn't totally true, but that's what was going on in my head.

Jeff has been busy finishing up this semester of seminary. In 8 days he had 2 finals and 2 research papers due. At this point he's finished 2 finals and .5 of the papers. Did I mention the papers are due by tomorrow eve? He could use your prayers. I don't think his mind has even be able to wrap around the fact that we're here yet. He's had a few staff meetings with the Iowa City crew, which have gone well. I think they were working on coming up with a name for the church. I think they have it, but won't release it until it for sure...I LOVE it though! It's sort of fun, the whole group of people that are moving to Iowa City are all sort of in the same place as us...staying with people, half of their lives packed away, looking for places to live etc etc.

Jeff and I went on a 'date' the other night. We don't technically call them dates, but I'm calling it what it was. :) We had dinner and then went to Iron Man 2. Afterwards we stopped at Dairy Queen for a cone (ok, I got a million dollar peanut parfait but I had thought of those the other day and REALLY wanted one) and while we were sitting in the drive-thru line, Jeff discovered this light that I had packed in the car as a 'reading light' while traveling across the country (ok, that's what my second thought was, my reason it was in the car, was cause I ripped them from our house. they were underneath lights on our cabinets, and they are now in our car. Ok. I feel honest.) and the picture above is what came of it. We laughed alot while trying to get the perfect picture. He's fun to be married to.




No comments:

Post a Comment